WhatsApp has been adding new features and options to its platform on a regular basis and while it has now achieved a global user base of over 1.3 billion, it is considered the most popular instant messaging app in the world. Now, in a recent development, it has been reported that WhatsApp is working on a feature through which no one will be able to add you in a WhatsApp group without your permission.
According to a report by WABetaInfo, WhatsApp Group Invitation feature is in the works while it could be made available in the upcoming updates along with some other improvements. There are times when you are added to a WhatsApp group without your permission by another user just to realise that the kind of content shared or conversations happening on that particular group are just irritating, to say the least.
Moreover, the media files shared on such WhatsApp groups might be taking a lot of storage and data from your device. You might finally decide to leave the group just to know that you have once again been added by another user and the story continues. This is when the WhatsApp Group Invitation feature will come in handy as other WhatsApp users will have to take your permission in order to add you in a WhatsApp group.
How the WhatsApp Group Invitation feature will work
- The new WhatsApp feature will be available at WhatsApp Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups.
- You will be able to choose who can add you to a new WhatsApp group. The options will include Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody.
- If you choose the Nobody option, no one will be able to add you in a WhatsApp group without your permission.
- Even the Group admin won’t be able to add anyone without their permission.
- A new chat will be created with a permission to add to in a WhatsApp group with two options i.e. Accept or Decline.
- The WhatsApp Group Invitation will expire in 72 days.
WABetaInfo has also claimed that the WhatsApp Group Invitation feature will be available for users that joined the TestFlight beta program for iOS beta updates.